1. Many people like science-inspired jewelry because of the personal meaning it has. If you work every day in a neuroscience lab, neuroscience has become part of your life. Wearing a neuron necklace is a subtle way to remind yourself daily of the important work you are doing.
2. Science-inspired jewelry allows you to identify yourself with your profession as a scientist or health care professional. It is like your signature that you wear. Think about a nurse or medical doctor that has a little stethoscope necklace. Or a surgeon with a subtle scalpel necklace.
3. Jewelry in general is meant to personalize your outfit. It is like the options on a car, it makes you stand out. If you can have best of 2 worlds, science and fashion, how cool is that?
4. Science-inspired jewelry doesn’t have to be boring. Science is perceived as difficult and boring by the general public. By wearing fashionable and trendy science-inspired jewelry, you show how different and beautiful it can be. I’ve heard many times that it actually inspires non-scientists to learn more about science and give it another chance.
5. Wearing jewelry makes all of us more beautiful. And beautiful people are perceived as smarter and more competent, because of a cognitive bias we all have (the attractiveness bias). Because of this, most people will gain self-confidence and especially if you are wearing jewelry with a deeper meaning.
6. We’ve heard it many times from our clients: “This is the best present ever… “ This doesn’t require much more explanation. People love to give personalized and unique presents. Science-inspired jewelry certainly falls in this category.
7. Science-inspired jewelry can also be a way to commemorates special moments in life. The best example I can give you is our horizontal DNA necklace. This was designed for the granddaughter of Francis Crick (one of the discoverers of the structure of DNA) to celebrate the centenary of his birthday in 2016.
8. Science-inspired jewelry can also raise awareness about certain diseases. Often family members of patients or patients themselves like to have jewelry that symbolizes the disease. It makes it easier for them to talk about it or lighten the burden of their affliction in a beautiful way. I think this is a wonderful reason to wear science-inspired jewelry.
So here you go, these are some major reasons why science-inspired jewelry might be for you. If you like to explore what kind of models we offer, please visit our shop.